Do you have experience and a passion for engineering and design with substations? We are always looking for specialised individuals in Electrical or Civil & Structural engineering to become part of our team here at Ergo Consulting Ltd.
Click here to get in touch
Here is a list of current positions available:
Life at Ergo is enjoying your days spent at work with your workmates. We like to have fun, get involved in interesting work and provide our clients with sound advice and quality solutions.
We provide an excellent working environment, with plenty of opportunities for the right candidates to excel. A diverse range of projects provides exposure to and responsibilities for different aspects of electrical, civil and structural engineering design, as well as to business development and project management activities. We offer:
- Interesting projects where you will be working with a highly expert, motivated and multi-discipline team.
- Offices based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, all with easy access to shops, cafes and bars and with good transport links
- A friendly, professional work environment, supported by a great culture and staff benefits
- Flexible working hours and locations…
- and great coffee!
Inspired. Agile. Genuine.
Ergo Consulting Ltd is an independent, employee-owned professional services practice. We aspire to be New Zealand’s first choice provider of engineering consultancy services to New Zealand’s power and energy industry.
At Ergo we care for our people. We look after them well, recognise that they have a life outside work and adopt a flexible approach. Our team members are proud to work for Ergo and have a sense of common purpose. They are passionate about what they do, believe in what Ergo is about and have high levels of job satisfaction. This makes them motivated to do a good job, to go the extra mile. They are inspired.
Our team of engineers engaged in the power sector is as large as any in New Zealand. This is our focus. We are a relatively small but highly specialised company. We are not a faceless corporation. We have short reporting lines. The owners work in the business and with our clients. We move quickly and we are responsive. This makes us agile.
At Ergo what you see is what you get. We tell it how it is. We are direct and, if need be, we stand our ground. We are transparent, open, honest and genuine. We love engineering and design. Doing a good job, getting it right, is important. We have character and heart. It really does matter to us.
This is what sets us apart.
Our aspiration is for Ergo to be a great place to work. We want our people to give their best, feel part of the team, enjoy their job and be proud to work for Ergo. We look to:
- Encourage our people to contribute openly in an environment where bureaucracy is minimised and where our approach to delivering quality solutions to our clients brings a high level of job satisfaction.
- Recognise the importance of creating an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment, where our people are able to thrive, independent of their age, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Ensure that the company is run on a sound basis, providing security and sustainable work, with ongoing opportunities for professional development.
- Resource our people with the best tools for the job, whether it be comfortable chairs, quiet rooms, laptops or the latest software.
- Recognise that family is an important part of who you are. Spending enough time with family and friends goes hand in hand with your career and time at work. We pay for overtime, including travel to sites.
- Develop your career, appreciating that is important, whether it continues at Ergo or at another company. We provide professional development and rejoice with you if you get a fabulous job after working with Ergo.
- Laugh out loud every day and genuinely enjoy what each other has to offer.
Saving the planet.
We recognise the environmental consequences of our work and attempt to minimise the impact that we have on the world in terms of our technical and design solutions. We also seek to reduce our carbon footprint by embracing initiatives which are beneficial from both a social responsibility and business efficiency perspective.
- Reducing project and inter-office travel requirements through increased use of video conferencing.
- Establishing offices that are close to transport hubs to encourage the use of public transport.
- A vehicle policy which requires for all company vehicles to meet emissions standards.
- Allowing company pool vehicles to be used for personal use during the day so staff don’t need to drive to work.
- Reducing paper use by providing all staff with multi-screen workstations, introducing follow-me printing and reporting on printer use.
- Automating office lighting and heating to reduce energy use.
- Using multi-stream recycling within our offices.
Learning & Development
Engineering consultancy is a fabulous career, with variety and interesting work that will challenge and reward in equal measure. Working at Ergo means that you are supporting an essential service, helping to provide power and energy to people living, working and visiting New Zealand. You will be tapping into a wealth of knowledge and experience. We have a culture of nurturing development and sharing skills that makes Ergo a great place to work if you are hungry to learn. You really can expect to grow and develop through every project you are involved in.
We foster collaboration, communication and innovation, empowering our people to take on the future with confidence. Many people who start out at Ergo as apprentices, cadets or university graduates, have gone on to become project managers, senior engineers and members of our leadership team. There is:
- Learning and development – our training programmes run throughout the year. We provide structured sessions that recognise the importance of individual career goals. You can count on support for relevant further education, including attaining chartered engineering status (EngNZ CPEng).
- Knowledge sharing – Ergo has a fantastic team of professional electrical, civil and structural engineers, CAD designers and support staff. Our people are passionate about engineering excellence and client satisfaction.
- Individual development plans – everyone agrees with their manager at the start of each year their long term career goals and the short term steps that contribute to those aspirations. And we “check-in” every other month to see how things are going and whether anything needs to change.
- Opportunities for advancement in a diverse community – there is real diversity within the Ergo team, from technicians and graduates through to senior engineers and team leaders. A structure of defined roles, responsibilities and competencies allows development through these levels.
- Ergo Graduate Programme – as a graduate, your first four years with us will be as part of our Graduate Development Programme. This will provide you with a comprehensive experience, underpinned by key learning opportunities to support and encourage your rapid development. You will also be assigned a mentor who is an experienced engineer from within the business and who will help your development through your crucial early stages.
- Ergo Engineering Scholarship – we play our part in encouraging young people to join the engineering profession. This includes offering funding of $15k for a four year scholarship to students who might not otherwise be able to afford to go to university.
At Ergo, we offer great benefits to our employees
- Medical and income protection insurance.
- Kiwisaver contributions.
- Sports teams and sporting events.
- Flexible work practices, including facilities and equipment set up for home working.
- A well-stocked fridge with the makings for your lunch.
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. fresh fruit basket, social activities.
- Friday drinks.
- Paid overtime.
- Paid parental and partner leave.
- Professional memberships.
- Automatic salary increases on becoming a chartered engineer (CPEng).
- Being recognised by Engineering NZ as a Professional Development Partner (PDP).
- Study assistance.
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
- Quarterly staff social functions, some with partners.