Ergo’s Power Systems team deliver exceptional electrical engineering services for high voltage, power generation and distribution to infrastructure and industry clients.
Ergo's Electrical, Instrumentation and Control (EI&C) team delivers Low Voltage (LV) electrical designs as well as automation and process control solutions.
Ergo's Strategic Consulting section provides high level advice to existing and new clients.
Throughout the project life-cycle, Ergo will supply a number of services to a contracted vendor. We treat every project with the greatest integrity and ensure a high level of attention to detail. Our services include;
Specifying Transformers and Switchgear
Ergo is able to provide performance or functional based technical equipment specifications for a wide range of equipment, including transformers, switchgear and other ancillary equipment.
Where necessary a comprehensive installation specification document will be created for the designated project. The installation specification document will be supplied as a guideline to trusted installation companies that execute installations under the supervision and instruction of Ergo engineers.
Tendering and administering contracts
This service ensures that the obligations and requirements for the preparation and issue of tender documentation, tender evaluation process, contract award and raising a purchase order are clearly understood.
Setting up conceptual framework for projects
+ Identify reasons why the work is being done and identifying problems up front.
+ Evaluating different options and determine exactly what needs to be done.
+ Ascertaining who will be responsible for executing the determined tasks.
+ Deciding on how tasks will be performed and how any issues will be resolved.
+ Deliberating as to when the work will be done.
+ Calculating the total cost of all the entailed work.
+ Generating a project acceptance criteria.
- Arc Flash
- Concept Design
- Network Design
- Network Modelling
- Strategic Reviews
- Primary Design
- Outdoor Substations
- Secondary Design
- DC Auxiliary Systems
- Transformer Management Systems
- 3D Design
- Project Management
- Staging Drawings & Settings
- Specifying transformers, switchgear and substation ancillary equipment
- Installation scope of works documentation
- Tendering and administrating contracts
- Setting up conceptual framework for projects
- Owners engineer roles
- Establishing standards
- Managing budgets
- Managing people
- Detailed design and procurement
- Letting of installation and procurement contracts
- Supervising installation
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Finalising ‘as-builts’ and producing manuals
- Power Systems and fault analysis
- Earthing Studies
- Protection studies and settings
- Power Systems Planning
The wealth of hands-on experience in all facets of the industrial engineering sectors coupled with professionalism and integrity contribute to the success of our clients projects. Ergo has in depth experience in the following sectors:
- Water Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
- Pulp & Paper
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- PC based SCADA systems
- LV hardware design
- LV distribution
- LV installation
- Field instrument and field device networks
- Site Monitoring
- Site Commissioning
Capital budgets limitations, ever changing demand profiles from end users, aging assets, and rapidly changing technology make managing an efficient and sustainable organisation a complex task. We provide strategic consulting services to help clients solve business and operational problems throughout the entire business cycle and set the foundation for project delivery.
Working alongside Ergo’s Power System and Controls Systems teams, Strategic Consulting works with clients to address these challenges in many different sectors, including;
- Industrial manufacturing – steel, pulp & paper and foodstuffs are a speciality
- Water and wastewater treatment systems and reticulation
- Power generation – renewables and thermal especially
- Power distribution networks
- Transport infrastructure, including Intelligent Transport Systems
By integrating both strategic and technical expertise from Ergo’s three teams, we can provide a “whole of life” project solution which creates real value for clients; not just a solution, but the best solution.
- Health and safety
- High level conceptual
- Project management
- Owners engineering
- Asset management